Rental Terms & Conditions
Car hire Crete Terms & Conditions
All drivers must be a minimum of 23 years of age for car groups A, B, C and 25 years minimum for all other groups.
Drivers must have a valid license held for at least one year. An International Driving License is required by Greek Law for all renters that are not citizens of the European Community or who do not have a European Drivers permit. Driving License in characters not readable in English or Greek must be accompanied by an International Driving License.
All authorized drivers are covered against and/or with:
- damages from Fire to the rented vehicle
- Liability Insurance to Third Party death, injury, and property
- Collision Damage Waiver
- You are covered against damages caused from Third Parties. Also, all vehicles are subject to liability and fully comprehensive automobile and property damage insurance (for third parties, up to 1.000.000,00 € for persons and up to 1.000.000,00 € for damaged properties).
- Full Damage Waiver
- With FDW you are fully relieved from the responsibility for any damage on the body of the car. FDW Insurance also covers damages caused in an event of fire, of glass and/or window break, repairable tyres, and repairable engine damages.
- Personal Accident Insurance
- In case of an accident, all passengers are covered for bodily injuries or death.
- Theft Protection Cover
- In case the car is stolen, you are relieved from the responsibility.
Coverages are subject to General Terms of Best Hellenic’s insurance contract with its Insurer.
In the unfortunate event of an accident you should contact us immediately and sign an accident report from our Insurance Company. Without this report the renter is responsible in full for the repairs. With this report the renter is fully covered for damages caused on his vehicle (see exceptions). No unauthorized repairs should be made.
The insurance is valid and cover you only for the period booked and indicated on the Rental Agreement. Please call us in order to amend your Rental Agreement. An extra fee may apply, in accordance with section RENTAL DURATION.
Exceptions to Insurance Coverage:
- For negligent or drunk driving, driving under influence of drugs or on unauthorized roads, non-asphalt roads, driving to prohibited areas/countries, obvious acts of disregards to the vehicle. In these cases, the renter will be responsible for the full amount of the repairs.
- For accidents caused by a Driver not declared in the Rental Agreement.
- For damages caused in the interior, in the cabin, and the roof of the car, and/or damages caused by negligence and disuse of the car.
- Theft Protection Insurance will not cover personal items.
- Theft Protection Insurance is not valid in case of renter’s negligence or culpability (e.g. car keys left on car’s ignition).
- Wheels and underside are not covered in case of off road and negligent driving.
- In case you ferry the car off the island of Crete.
TRAFFIC FINES AND/OR ADMINISTRATIVE SANCTIONS
All tickets and appended administrative sanctions resulting from any violation of the Greek Traffic law during rental period, are borne solely by the renter. Even if any administrative sanction is not disclosed to our company by the end of the rental period (contract), the violation will be charged to the renter.
The vehicle is delivered with a certain amount of fuel (always marked on the car rental agreement), and the renter has to return the vehicle with the same level of petrol. In case your arrival is during the night (out of office hours), your vehicle will be delivered with at least half tank of petrol, so you will have enough to drive anywhere on the island. In any case, our representative will be happy to guide you to the nearest petrol station. You have the option to pay in advance for a full tank of gas in the extras. Please note that this fee is non-refundable, so the car should then be returned with the tank as empty as possible.
Minimum rental period is 1 day. Please note that some rental locations have different minimum rental periods. Up to one (1) hour delay in return is free of charge. For delay of more than one hour, one day rate will be charged.
All rates include 24% Value Added Tax.
24 HOURS ROAD ASSISTANCE ALL OVER CRETE
A 24/7 road assistance and service is provided all over the island.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
All our vehicles are controlled prior to delivery, so you can be sure to collect a perfectly maintained and cleaned car.
Each additional driver costs 3,00 € per day, for a maximum of 2 additional drivers per car.
BABY AND CHILD SEATS
Just inform us about the age and weight of your little member(s) of the family so we can provide the suitable type of seat. Each seat will cost you 2,00 € per day.
ROAD MAP OF CRETE / GPS SAT NAV
A fully detailed Road Map of Crete is provided free of charge for all rentals. In case you need a GPS Sat Nav unit, you can reserve it with a supplement of 5,00 €/day.
Stay connected at all times during your vacation in Crete with our Mobile Wifi service!
We will provide you with a Mobile Wifi Router, a charger, an adaptor, and a SIM card. The rental cost for is 6,00 €/day (limit 1 GB per day) for the duration of your car rental, for all groups where the service is not included. Please note that if your GB limit is not used, the remaining MB can not be transferred to the next day. In case any part or all the equipment is lost or damaged in any way, a fee of 60,00 € will be charged.
DELIVERY AND COLLECTION
For the majority of destinations listed on our online system there are no extra charges for deliveries and/or collections. For locations in which an extra delivery/collection fee applies, it is already calculated through our online reservation system. Feel free to contact us for more information. After-hours delivery and collections (22:00 – 08:00) are subject to a 20,00 € charge, also calculated through our online reservation system.
TRANSPORT BY SHIP / EXCEPT BORDERS
All Insurance coverages are cancelled if the vehicle is ferried outside Crete and the renter will be held responsible for any damages caused.
ONE WAY RENTALS
All cars are available for one-way rentals, provided that such arrangement is made through our online reservation system or a phone reservation and confirmed on the rental agreement. An extra charge may apply, please contact us (see also section DELIVERY AND COLLECTION).
In cases of overbooking, we reserve the right to provide a similar car model of the same Group and/or to upgrade you to a higher Group without extra charge.
Top Car Hire Questions, answered
1. What type of insurance is included in the offered rental price? Am I fully insured?
We want you to drive around and discover Crete with a peace of mind. A Full Insurance Package is included in our rates: Third Party Insurance, Collision Damage Waiver, Full Damage Waiver, Personal Accident Cover, and Theft Protection Cover.
2. Is there a kilometer limit?
With Best Hellenic you are not charged for any kilometers driven.
3. Do I have an option to add some extra equipment (ie. GPS) to my reservation?
We offer a variety of extra services, from GPS and babyseats, to additional drivers and Wifi Service. All extra charges are calculated automatically and added to your total. Please note that for some car models or groups some services (like GPS or Wifi) are included in the rental rate, so when you add them you will not be charged.
4. What documents should I bear with me upon arrival/rental?
All drivers must have a valid license held for at least one year. An International Driving License is required by Greek Law for all renters that are not citizens of the European Community or who do not have a European Drivers permit. Driving License in characters not readable in English or Greek must be accompanied by an International Driving License.
Your Passport or ID Card is also necessary, as well as a valid Credit Card accepted by Best Hellenic.
ATTENTION: The original documents are necessary upon delivery. Photos and/or photocopies of the Driver’s License, Identity Card or Passport are not accepted, and we will be forced to cancel your reservation at your expense in case no original travel documents are provided.
5. How we will meet you?
If you arrive by plane, our employees will wait for you at the meeting point (Luggage Claim exit – inside the arrivals hall), holding a sign with our logo and your name on.
In case you arrive by boat in Heraklion Port, our representative will meet you in front of the Passenger Terminal, with a banner bearing your name as well as our company’s name.
Please note that we keep track of all changes that might occur in flight or boat arrivals, and we will be waiting to deliver you the car, even if your flight’s/boat’s arrival is delayed, with no additional charge.
If you would like to pick up your car at your Hotel, we will meet you at the Lobby / Reception Area of your Hotel.
In case you have any trouble meeting with our staff, just call ✆ +30 2810 330 636 .
6. Are there any extra charges for pick up / drop off in different locations?
We deliver and collect vehicles anywhere in Crete, including Airports, Ports and Hotels. Please note that delivery and/or collection in some areas have an additional fee, and it is automatically calculated in our online system, so you always see the final price.
7. Can I cancel my reservation without penalty?
You can cancel with no penalty up to 3 days before your rental begins for the Low Season, or up to 7 days for the High Season. In any other case (late cancellation/non-show) your deposit is not refundable.
8. Your rates include taxes?
All the rates include all taxes and 24% VAT.