COVID - 19
Best Hellenic customer advice relating to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The safety of our customers and staff is our first priority, and we are closely monitoring the news, information, advice and guidance from the World Health Organization and Greece's National Public Health Organization regarding the spread of the Coronavirus, in order to protect, as well as to contribute to the interruption of the transmission chain.
Please find some information below on any car rental bookings impacted by the Coronavirus, and details on travel restrictions.
If you have any further questions regarding a past or future booking, please contact us directly.
- Best Hellenic follows thorough cleaning procedures for each vehicle after every rental. Certified cleaning materials from the Greek National Organization for Medicines such as Polarbac are used.
- Specific guidelines have been issued by the company’s management to all employees involved in the process of vehicle delivery and collection for prevention and protection against Coronavirus based on the relevant authorities’ directions.
- To help protect our staff and customers we encourage regular use of hand sanitizer and we ensure excellent cleanliness in both our stations and our cars.
- In the event of a coronavirus affected client or employee involved in the day to day vehicle procedures and operations, the company has set up a process for immediate disinfection of the vehicle and facility, as well as proceeding with the relevant medical inspection of all employees that have been involved in the renting procedure.
- In addition, a Crisis Management protocol will be in effect in the event of a Coronavirus incident in the Company's Office and branches.
It is also noted that any information with regards to possible incidents of Coronavirus are solely handled by the National Public Health Organization (NPHO) and the General Secretariat for Civil Protection (GSCP).
FAQs REGARDING MY RESERVATION
What if my plans change due to Coronavirus and the recent travel restrictions imposed by the Greek Government?
We are taking a number of measures to support our customers as much as possible during this constantly changing environment we are currently dealing with. If you have already made a car hire booking, but it is impacted by the restrictions due to the Coronavirus, this booking can be cancelled as outlined below:
- Customers who have made a reservation affected by travel restrictions until 30/6/20 can either modify their current reservation for a later date or cancel it until that date without facing cancellation fees. The date may change if the restrictive traffic measures imposed by the Greek Government are amended. Any changes will be followed by a new update.
- For bookings that start after this time, there are no penalties for changes within the valid release period specified in our Terms and Conditions.
To make any changes, please contact our reservations team or call +30 2810 330636
What happens if I am required to self-isolate or I am quarantined following relevant authorities’ orders and cannot return a vehicle?
If this happens, please contact us immediatelly and avoid any contact with the vehicle and the keys. We will arrange to collect the vehicle from a nominated address.
What if I have contracted the virus and in possession of a Best Hellenic vehicle?
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you please notify us as soon as possible.
REGARDING CLEANING AND HYGIENE OF OUR CARS
Are you cleaning your cars any differently? Have any of your operational protocols changed?
The Company follows thorough cleaning procedures for each vehicle after every rental. Certified cleaning materials and procedures are used, and all employees involved in the process of vehicle delivery and collection follow specific instructions for prevention and protection against coronavirus based on the relevant authorities’ directions.
How are cars cleaned if a renter is a confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19?
We have implemented new cleaning protocols that include removing the vehicle from circulation and disinfecting through a certified third party in the case where a customer is suspected or known to have COVID-19.
We advise all our customers to #StaySafe and to keep updated on the latest developments from your respective Public Health Organizations, from the World Health Organization, and from Greece's National Public Health Organization. We will be here to assist you with your questions regarding your car rental and to welcome you in Crete!